For background noise while I do some pre-new year cleaning/organizing I have the TV on. E! is marathoning Parks & Recreation, a favorite of mine. It’s on the episode which has a Ron Swanson-ism so wise I actually got on the Etsy and bought a lovely poster of it to hang in my office. Oh, the Swanson-ism? “Never half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing”
In the spirit of not doing what the TV tells me, I have made a list of 18 goals for 2018. Seems daunting, and I am working out a complicated reward system that might end up needing a calendar and star stickers; but the list is a work in progress. Hopefully I will have that all worked out by the end of January, but, as Parks & Rec also taught me Treat Yo Self
I have broken them down into three categories: Finance, Fitness, & Fun. Hopefully, completing some of these will lead to writing blog posts again. I do like the blog posting.
Here is the list:
- Create and Stick to a Budget (Finance)
- Eating out/take out: only 1x per week through April, 1x every other week through September, 1x per month through the end of the year. (Finance) **
- Set aside money in a savings account, which does not get touched aka establish an emergency fund (Finance)
- Sell all the items I’ve been meaning to put on eBay (Finance)
- Start a vacation fund, not related to the above-mentioned savings account (Finance)
- Track food & weigh in daily (Fitness)
- 7,500 steps/day (52,500/week) through April, then 10,000/day (70,000/week) (Fitness)
- Meditate daily for at least 10 minutes (Fitness)
- Walk for at least 45 minutes on my work lunch breaks at least 3 days per week (Fitness)
- Complete Couch to 5k app by mid-April (Fitness)
- Complete CE credits and renew ACE Certification by end of May (Fitness)
- No looking at the phone after 9:30pm (Fitness)
- Participate in 1 new meet-up activity/month (Fun)
- Use Dualingo app daily as directed to learn a new language. (Fun)
- Find 1 groupon/living social/goldstar thing to do per month (Fun)
- Spend more time with friends. (Fun)
- Try a new recipe for a food I’ve never made once per month (Fun)
- Be in more pictures. At least one picture/month. (Fun)
**Unless on a trip, it is a work function, or a date.
If I blog about working on or completing any of this, don’t worry, I’m sure I will stick to the fitness and fun categories. I can’t imagine writing a bunch of crap about how I made a budget. “OMG you guys, I used an app! and an Excel Spreadsheet! A SPREADSHEET!! WOOO!” There, consider the post on budgeting completed. Next up might be my treat yo-self ideas, and how I’m going to implement them.
Happy New Year!!! Let’s kick some ass in 2018!!!!